10 Informative Facts About Zulfikar Ali Bhutto
Zulfikar Ali Bhutto of Pakistan lived a short but tumultuous life. And these interesting facts about Zulfikar Bhutto will tell us not only about his tragic past, which haunted him throughout his life. But also about some anecdotes related to his life and times.
Zulfikar Ali Bhutto facts
1. The Sindhi landlord, Shahnawaz Bhutto, Zulfikar Bhutto’s father, named him “Zulfikar” after the sword of Hazrat Ali.
2. Shahnawaz Bhutto married Lakhi Bai, an 18-year-old Rajasthani Hindu “dancing girl,” when he was 37 years old. She was Zulfikar Ali Bhutto’s mother.
3. Zulfikar tied the knot for the first time at the age of twelve with Shirin, his first cousin who was 22 years old and the offspring of his uncle Khan Bahadur Ahmed Khan Bhutto.
4. After the Partition Of India in 1947, instead of taking up the citizenship of Pakistan, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto claimed Indian citizenship and only renounced it when he became a minister in Ayub Khan government in 1958.
5. The father-daughter duo of Zulfikar and Benazir Bhutto holds a unique record. Zulfikar Bhutto was the first elected prime minister of Pakistan. And Benazir was the first female prime minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
6. Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was the first civilian chief martial law administrator (CMLA) of Pakistan.
7. It was J. A. Rahim who had encouraged Zulfikar Bhutto to start his own party, i.e., the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP).
8. The first military dictator of Pakistan, Ayub Khan, used to call Zulfikar Bhutto his ‘fifth son’. In fact, Zulfikar also used to refer to Khan as ‘Daddy’.
9. The 1973 Constitution, which serves as Pakistan’s current constitution, was drafted by the government of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto. The state religion was declared to be Islam.
10. To avenge the death of Zulfikar Bhutto, his sons, Shahnawaz and Murtaza, set up the Kabul-based militant group, Al Zulfikar.
I hope you like these facts about Zulfikar Bhutto. Thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
You can also connect with me on Instagram: dontbignorant