15 Best Maulana Azad Quotes
In this brief article, we’ll discuss some of the important Maulana Azad quotes. The latter was an Indian freedom fighter and independent India’s first education minister. Through his quotes, we will see Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s views on education, partition, nonviolence, and other important things.
Quotes by Maulana Azad
1. A man could not be truly educated in the modern world unless he studied modern science, philosophy and literature.
2. For me non-violence was a matter of policy, not of creed.
3. Men when they are swayed by indignation or fear cannot judge objectively.
4. It is one of the greatest frauds on the people to suggest that religious affinity can unite areas which are geographically, economically, linguistically and culturally different.
5. Jawaharlal has always been more moved by international considerations than most Indians. He looked at all questions from an international rather than a national point of view.
6. Wavering minds and faltering steps will never carry us forward in the path of progress.
7. The Indian National Congress was not a pacifist organisation but an instrument for achieving India’s freedom.
8. A movement could remain non-violent only if the leaders were present and active to guide it at every step.
9. We must think before we take a step, but once we decide, hesitation is not a virtue but a sign of definite weakness.
10. The Muslim League was supposed to be the guardian of Muslim interests and yet it was because of its opposition that the Muslims of India were denied a substantial share in the government of undivided India.
11. Those who are prepared to go forward must be allowed to go forward and those who wish to be left out should be left out.
12. Nothing alienates a Pathan more than miserliness and lack of generosity.
13. If we accepted Partition, we could create a permanent problem for India. Partition would not solve the communal problem but would make it a permanent feature of the country.
14. Once States based on hatred came into existence, nobody knew where the situation would lead.
15. The price for freedom was the partitioning of India into two states.
I hope you like these quotes of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. Thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
You can also connect with me on my Instagram- dontbignorant