15 Enlightening Guru Nanak Quotes
Hearing, or, reading the immortal words of Guru Nanak, founder of Sikhism, one of the youngest religions of our world, is a bliss in itself. And these enlightening quotes of Guru Nanak tells us a lot about his thoughts and deeds.
In fact, if you wanna read about the life and times of Baba Nanak, then you can also read my article about him from here, The First Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak
Guru Nanak Quotes
1. The truth is that there is only one caste in the world and that is mankind.
2. There is one God. There is no Hindu, there is no Mussalman.
3. Desire for material possessions never brings true happiness.
4. I have no caste to lose. For me there is only one caste, the caste of humanity.
5. By making a full and honest confession of your evil deeds you have taken the first step on the path of redemption. If the rest of your life is spent living the right way, complete redemption will be yours.
6. A true man of God would show tolerance for all beliefs and form of worship.
7. It was not the ugliness or the disfiguration of the body that was a matter of shame but it was the ugliness of the soul, of the evil deeds that men performed, that was shameful.
8. The highest merit in life could be earned through selfless service to others.
9. God is formless, omnipotent and omnipresent.
10. Those who abjure meat and sit holding their noses, eat men at night; They make a show of hypocrisy for others. But have no true knowledge of God.
11. Ritual bathing in holy waters did not cleanse the impurities of the heart and soul. This purity could be achieved only by following the right path in life and by praying for the grace of God.
12. Without good deeds both lead only to suffering, Neither Hindu nor Muslim finds refuge in God’s court.
13. Words do not the saint or sinner make. Action alone is written in the book of fate. What we sow that alone we take; O Nanak, be saved or forever transmigrate.
14. O my stupid heart yet know you not if you forget the one God, all that good in you will rot.
15. I am neither saintly, truthful or erudite. I was born a fool and foolish I remain. Nanak pleads with you in earnest, grant me refuge among those who you never forget.
I hope you these Guru Nanak quotes. Thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
I also recommend you to read this book on Baba Nanak, Guru Nanak, The First Sikh Guru by Harish Dhillon. And you can also order your copy of the book from here- Guru Nanak by Harish Dhillon.