16 Best Siddhartha By Hermann Hesse Quotes
In his thought-provoking novel, Siddhartha, Hermann Hesse, wrote the story of a boy whose thirst for enlightenment took him to several places. And in between his journey towards the path of wisdom, the protagonist shared some quotes, too. These are some of the best Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse quotes which I came across after reading the book.
In fact, if you are interested in reading about my review of the book. Then, you can read it from here. Siddhartha By Hermann Hesse Review.
Siddhartha Quotes by Hermann Hesse
1. Writing is good, thinking is better. Being smart is good, being patient is better.
2. He already knew to feel Atman in the depths of his being, indestructible, one with the universe.
3. Your soul is the whole world.
4. Om is the bow, the arrow is soul,
The Brahman is the arrow’s target,
That one should incessantly hit.
5. I do not seek to walk on water, said Siddhartha. Let old Samanas be content with such feats.
6. Love can be obtained by begging, buying, receiving it as a gift, finding it in the street, but it cannot be stolen.
7. I can think. I can wait. I can fast.
8. Stop scolding, dear friend! Nothing was ever achieved by scolding.
9. This water ran and ran, incessantly it ran, and was nevertheless always there, was always and at all times the same, and yet new in every moment!
10. Those people are rare who know how to listen.
11. The river has taught me to listen, from it you will learn it as well. It knows everything, the river, everything can be learned from it.
12. Wisdom which a wise man tries to pass on to someone always sounds like foolishness.
13. Knowledge can be conveyed, but not wisdom.
14. The words are not good for the secret meaning, everything always becomes a bit different, as soon as it is put into words, gets distorted a bit, a bit silly yes.
15. What is one man’s treasure and wisdom always sounds like foolishness to another person.
16. I prefer the thing over the words, place more importance on his acts and life than on his speeches, more on the gestures of his hand than his opinions. Not in his speech, not in his thoughts, I see greatness, only in his actions, in his life.
I hope you like these quotes of Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. Thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
You can also order your copy of the book from here- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse book