17 Best Benazir Bhutto Quotes
In this article we will talk about some of the best quotes of Benazir Bhutto. The latter was the first woman prime minister of Pakistan. And the daughter of the Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, former PM of Pakistan and the founder of the PPP (Pakistan People’s Party).
Benazir Bhutto Quotes
1. I was born in Pakistan and I’m going to die in Pakistan. My grandfather is buried there. My father is buried there. I will never leave my country.
2. Pakistan is no ordinary country. And mine has been no ordinary life. My father and two brothers were killed. My mother, husband and I were all imprisoned. I have spent long years in exile. Despite the difficulties and sorrows, however, I feel blessed. I feel blessed that I could break the bastions of tradition by becoming Islam’s first elected woman Prime Minister.
3. When there was no legitimate government, there was anarchy.
4. In politics nothing is permanent. People leave, people join, people reconcile.
5. We must not get involved in these Superpower rivalries, but fight for our own national interests.
6. The state’s capability will always be greater than any group of dissidents. Armed struggle is not only impractical, but counterproductive.
7. The Pakistan People’s Party believes that the well-being of the nation is in the well-being of the people.
8. The destiny of our nation is not slums.
9. The policy of ‘strategic depth’ could become one of ‘strategic threat’ to Pakistan.
10. I didn’t choose this life; it chose me.
11. The political battles that I fought were always for an end. The goals centred on liberty and social justice.
12. I am a woman. Clearly it’s not easy for women in modern society, no matter where we live. We still have to go to the extra mile to prove that we are equal to men. We have to work longer hours and make more sacrifices.
13. I believe that a democratic Pakistan can become a symbol of hope to more than one billion Muslims around the world who must choose between the forces of the past and the forces of the future.
14. The crime of the few had become the guilty of the many.
15. Zia ul-haq wants the country, even the world, to forget that there was ever a family named Bhutto.
16. Extremism has been nurtured, empowered and exploited by military rulers for generations.
17. Democracy in Pakistan is not just important for Pakistanis, it is important for the entire world.
I hope you like these quotes by Benazir Bhutto of Pakistan. Thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
You can also connect with me through Instagram- dontbignorant