25 Best Quotes On Farmers
In this article, we’ll talk about some realistic quotes about farmers and farming. And each quote not only describes a farmer’s life. However, it also informs us of the difficult life they lead.
1. Something is terribly wrong in the countryside.
2. I am unique; my life an uncommon odyssey; my death will also be like untimely rain.
3. We are calves- dumb, hungry calves. We tend to cows, but thieves walk away with the milk and cream. We sweat on field, we cultivate pearls, but our children go hungry.
4. Farmers palms are alike, rough, with blurred lines, a sign of the gruelling heavy labour they do every day.
5. If I were dead, there would be a story, but I am of little significance now that I am alive.
6. There is no need to consume poison. Farmers will die standing in queues for every damn thing.
7. The moment you talk to the Indian peasants and they begin to speak, you will find wisdom drops from their lips. Behind the crude exterior you’ll find a deep reservoir of spirituality.
8. Life on a farm is slow.
9. The Kisan or the peasant, whether as a landless labourer or a labouring proprietor, comes first. He is the salt of the earth which rightly belongs or should belong to him, not to the absentee landlord or Zamindar.
10. Keeping a land barren is to a farmer what keeping a factory idle is to an industrialist.
11. There is no other way but to pick up my plough.
12. My idea of village Swaraj is that it is a complete republic, independent of its neighbours for its own vital wants and yet interdependent for many others in which dependence is necessary.
13. Farming is the most difficult profession.
14. It’s cheaper to leave it than to harvest it.
15. We feel dead most days. This helps remind us that we are alive.
16. There is so much pride when a farmer sees his crop standing robust. It is the culmination of all his hard work and nurturing.
17. Who cares about dead farmers? No one even cares about the ones who are alive.
18. The widow of a farmer, burdened with debt, does not have time even to mourn. She has to keep the home and the farm running, generate loans, organize farm inputs, and sell the harvest.
19. The widow whom a farmer leaves behind is thrown into a struggle that she has no choice but to win.
20. The same crop could be a source of both hope and despair for the farmers.
21. I have no doubt that if we have democratic Swaraj as it must be if the freedom is won through nonviolence, the Kisan must hold power in all its phases including political power.
22. You’ve to live through the despair and helplessness, also the embarrassment of going back to your lenders. But you must if you want to till your land. That’s the first thing you learn as a farmer. You must learn to swallow your self-respect and suppress your anger.
23. A good crop. A good year. A good monsoon. A good price. A farmer finds happiness in these four things.
24. There is no plan, A, B or C for farmers in case of a bad or delayed monsoon.
25. For a farmer, the lonely struggle on his farm and that of his fraternity for a decent life goes on.
I hope like these quotes about farmers. Thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
You can also connect with me on Instagram- dontbignorant