Book Review: Sultan, The Legend Of Hyder Ali By Shubendra
Shubendra’s book, Sultan, The Legend Of Hyder Ali is the story of rags-to-riches. It’s about resilience, bravery and ingeniousness. And most importantly it tell us about the life and times of the father of Tipu Sultan who’s both revered and berated as a historical figure.
What is Sultan The Legend Of Hyder Ali By Shubendra?
Sultan The Legend of Hyder Ali is the tale of a man who went on to become the sultan of Mysore and who’s son, Tiph Sultan, later on carried forward the legacy of his brave father through thick and thin.
The main usp of the book is that it’s an easy to read and the author has conveyed the story of the protagonist in a concise manner.
Important characters of the book
Fateh Mohmmad – Father of Hyder Ali
Lal Bi – Fateh Mohmmad’s second wife
Hydur Nayaka – Fateh Mohmmad’s brother
Fatima – Hyder Ali’s second wife
Tipu – Hyder and Fatima’s first son
1. After the death of the sixth Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb, several smaller kingdoms arose in Hindustan. Especially in the southern India.
2. To become the sultan of Mysore, Hyder Ali had fought on several fronts. In fact, the constant threats from the Marathas, The Nizam, and other smaller kingdoms in and around the Mysore took most of his time.
3. Although Hyder Ali is not that renowned in the annals of Indian history, his son Tipu Sultan ensured that, unlike his father, he would remain a renowned historical figure who’s both revered and demonized.
Why should you read this?
You can go for this book for the following reasons,
• Interested in reading by the life and times of the Sultan of Mysore, Hyder Ali
• A good historical fiction book
• Likes to read about Indian history
My Ratings :- ⭐⭐⭐ (3/5)
I hope you like this, thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
You can also order your copy of the book from here – Hyder Ali book