Book Review: The Murderer, The Monarch And The Fakir
Appu Esthose Suresh and Priyanka Kotamraju’s book, The Murderer, The Monarch, and the Fakir, is an interesting piece of literature on the violent death of non-violent Mahatma Gandhi and the ideology of those people who were behind the murder of MK Gandhi. Do read.
What is The Murderer, The Monarch, and The Fakir by Appu Esthose Suresh and Priyanka Kotamraju?
The Murderer, the Monarch, and the Fakir, a new investigation of Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination reveals the different facets of the people and the ideology that ensured Gandhi’s death within a few months of Indian independence. The book not only informs the readers about the main characters who committed the killing of Mohandas Gandhi, but it also connects the many dots of this murder, which shook not only the conscience of the newly independent Bharat but also of the world.
Though the author(s) of this book did a commendable job, somehow they have also clouded the writing because of their inherent dislike for the Hindutva.
1. The biggest hurdle in the plan of the Hindu Rashtra of the Hindu Mahasabha and its top-notch leaders was none other than MK Gandhi. That’s why they had ensured that the latter should be silenced sooner rather than later.
2. Though Nathuram Godse shot dead Gandhiji on January 30, 1948, an unsuccessful attempt was also made by Madan Lal Pahwa to assassinate Mahatma Gandhi on January 20, 1948.
3. With all his shortcomings, Mohandas Gandhi and his ideology were all about inclusiveness, which was the crux of the ancient Indian civilization, unlike the ideology of Hindu Mahasabha and Jinnah’s Muslim League, which was about exclusiveness.
4. Dattatreya Parchure from Gwalior played a crucial role in the killing of Gandhiji. In fact, it was Parchure who arranged for the Beretta gun that was used by Nathuram Godse to kill Gandhi.
Why should you read this book?
For the following reasons, you can go for this book:
• Interested in Indian history
• Gandhi’s ideology vis-à-vis Godse’s ideology
• A fine work of investigative journalism
My Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4/5)
I hope you like this. Thanks for reading. Jai Hind.
You can also order a copy of the book from here: The Murderer, The Monarch and the Fakir book