The 11 Best Interpreter Of Maladies Quotes By Jhumpa Lahiri
In this brief article we will talk about the eleven best quotes of the award winning book of Jhumpa Lahiri, Interpreter of maladies. I’ve also written an article about her book, and you can read my review of the book from here- Interpreter Of Maladies.
The Interpreter of maladies quotes-
1. Maladies, poorly interpreted, can’t be cured.
2. For what is a writer, if not an interpreter of maladies?
3. I only spoil children who are incapable of spoiling.
4. Believe me, don’t believe me. My life is composed of such griefs you cannot even dream them.
5. I know what it’s like to be lonely.
6. When I was your age I was without knowing that one day I would be so far. You are wiser than that, Eliot. You already taste the way things must be.
7. To every problem there is a solution.
8. The world begins at the bottom of the stairs. Now I am free to discover life as I please.
9. I ask you, is it fair for a girl to sit out her years, pass neglected through her prime, listing labels and prices without promise of a future?
10. Her voice was louder than necessary, as if she were talking to a deaf person. Is it wrong to envy you, all brides and mothers, busy with lives and cares? Wrong to want to shade my eyes, scent my hair? To raise a child and teach him sweet from sour, good from bad?
11. In my son’s eyes I see the ambition that had first hurled me across the world. In a few years he will graduate and pave his way, alone and unprotected. But I remind myself that he has a father who is still living, a mother who is happy and strong. Whenever he is discouraged, I tell him that if I can survive on three continents, then there is no obstacle he cannot conquer.
I hope you like these quotes of the interpreter of maladies. Thanks for reading, Jai Hind.
You can also connect with me on my Instagram- dontbignorant