The 17 Realistic And The Mountains Echoed Quotes
Although, And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini is an ok read. But, some quotes of this novel deserves to be looked at. In this brief article we will discuss some of the quotes of the mountains echoed.
And the mountains echoed quotes
1. When you have lived as long as I have, the div replied, you find that cruelty and benevolence are but shades of the same color.
2. Nothing good came free. Even love. You paid for all things. And if you were poor, suffering was your currency.
3. A story is like a moving train, no matter where you hop onboard, you are bound to reach your destination sooner or later.
4. They were two people occupying the same house whose paths rarely seemed to intersect at all.
5. I was happy enough to be the vessel into which she poured her stories.
6. As you well know, we Afghans love our poetry; even the most uneducated among us can recite verses of Hafez or Khayyam or Saadi.
7. I suspect that the truth is that we are waiting, all of us, against insurmountable odds, for something extraordinary to happen to us.
8. People learned to live with the most unimaginable things.
9. I learned that the world didn’t see the inside you, that it didn’t care a whit about the hopes and dreams, and sorrows, that lay masked by skin and bone. It was as simple, as absurd, and as cruel as that.
10. Entering my childhood home is a little disorienting, like reading the end of a novel that I’d started, then abandoned, long ago.
11. Every doctor knows this. Sickness permeates a room like steam.
12. Some people hide their sadness very well, Pari. He was like that. You couldn’t tell looking at him. He was a hard man. But, I think, yes, I think he was sad inside.
13. But time, it is like charm. You never have as much as you think.
14. She has lived with secrets all her life.
15. Tell her I took solace only in hope. Hope that perhaps, wherever she is now, she has found as much peace, grace, love and happiness as this world allows.
16. Kabul is a thousand tragedies per square mile.
17. Afghanistan is mother to us all. But she is an ailing mother, and she has suffered for a long time. Now, it is true a mother needs her sons in order to recover. Yes, but she needs her daughters too as much, if not more.
I hope you like this, Thanks for reading, Jai Hind.
Order your copy of the and the mountains echoed from here – And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini