The 21 Revolutionary Bhagat Singh Quotes
The following quotes of the great Bhagat Singh tells us about his views for which he sacrificed his life at the young age of 23.
In fact, his thoughts are so realistic and revolutionary that it can infuse life into a lifeless person too. That’s the power of this legendary Indian revolutionary. So, let’s read these beautiful and inspiring words of him.
Bhagat Singh Quotes
1. Criticism and independent thinking are the two indispensable qualities of a revolutionary.
2. When the fate of a country is being decided, the fate of individuals should be forgotten.
3. They can kill me, but they cannot kill my ideas. They can crush my body, but they will not be able to crush my spirit.
4. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting stone of ideas.
5. Revolution is an inalienable right of mankind. Freedom is an imperishable birthright of all.
6. Old orders should change, always and ever, yielding place to new, so that one good order may not corrupt the world.
7. If you oppose a prevailing belief, if you criticize a great person who is considered to be an incarnation, you will find that your criticism will be answered by calling you vain and egoist.
8. Revolution was the vital living force indicative of eternal conflict between life and death, the old and the new, light and the darkness.
9. Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith.
10. The aim of life is no more to control the mind, but to develop it harmoniously; not to achieve salvation here after, but to make the best use of it here below.
11. If the deaf are to hear, then sound has to be very loud.
12. Let me announce, with all the strength at my command, that I am not a terrorist and I never was, except perhaps in the beginning of my revolutionary career. And I am convinced that we cannot gain anything through those methods.
13. I never had any desire to defend myself, and never did I seriously think about it.
14. I will climb the gallows gladly and show to the world as to how bravely the revolutionaries can sacrifice themselves for the cause.
15. Study was the cry that reverberated in the corridors of my mind. Study to enable yourself to face the arguments advanced by opposition. Study to arm yourself with arguments in favor of your cult. I began to study.
16. My strength is the strength of oppressed; my courage is the courage of desperation.
17. Lovers, lunatics and poets are made of the same stuff.
18. I am such a lunatic that I am free even in jail.
19. I am a realist.
20. If after considerable reasoning one is led to believe in any theory or philosophy, his faith is welcomed.
21. The idea of God is helpful to a man in distress.
I hopes you like these quotes of Sardar Bhagat Singh, Thanks for reading, Jai Hind.
I also recommend you to read this book on him.
Without fear the life and trial of Bhagat Singh by Kuldeep Nayar – Order your copy from here.