The 23 Inspirational A Thousand Splendid Suns Quotes
Although, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is a powerful novel in itself. But, the following quotes of a thousand splendid suns will tell us the power of words that can move even a mountain from its place. In fact, each quote of Khaled Hosseini Novels reveal something about the land of the Afghans, i.e., Afghanistan.
A Thousand splendid suns quotes
1. Like a compass needle that points North, a man’s accusing finger always find a woman.
2. You’re afraid that I might find the happiness you never had. And you don’t want me to be happy. You don’t want a good life for me. You’re the one with the wretched heart.
3. I’ll die if you go. I’ll just die.
4. As a reminder of how women like us suffer, she’d said. How quietly we endure all that falls upon us.
5. Give sustenance, Allah.
Give sustenance to me.
6. I know you’re still young, but I want you to understand and learn this now, he said. Marriage can wait, education cannot. You’re a very, very bright girl. Truly, you are. You can be anything you want, Laila. I know this about you. And I also know that when this is over, Afghanistan is going to need you as much as its men, maybe even more. Because a society has no chance of success if its women are uneducated, Laila. No chance.
7. That of all the hardships a person had to face none was more punishing than the simple act of waiting.
8. The only enemy an Afghan cannot defeat is himself.
9. One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs, Or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls.
10. Isn’t dying once enough?
11. Even the snakebitten man finds sleep, but not the hungry.
12. Do not think, however, that our nation needs only men to serve it. Women should also take their part, as women did in the early years of Islam. The valuable services rendered by women are recounted throughout history. And from their examples, we learn that we must all contribute toward a development of our nation.
13. You can be anything you want, Laila. I know this about you. And I also know that when this war is over, Afghanistan is going to need you.
14. I want to see my sons dream come true. I want to be there when it happens, when Afghanistan is free, so the boys see it too. They’ll see it through my eyes.
15. He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term; now surely He is the mighty, the Great Forgiver.
16. A lovely lie meant to soothe. Like cooing to a distressed child.
17. I used to worship you.
18. Behind every trial and every sorrow that he makes us shoulder, God has a reason.
19. If the girl wants to learn, let her, my dear. Let the girl have an education.
20. You were a good daughter, Mariam jo. Even in birth you were a good daughter.
21. This knowledge, these prayers. They’re the only true possession I’ve ever had.
22. She knew what she was doing was dishonorable. Dishonorable, disingenuous, and shameful. And spectacularly unfair to Mariam. But even though the baby inside her was no bigger than a mulberry, Laila already saw the sacrifices a mother had to make. Virtue was only the first.
23. I’m all you have in this world, Mariam, and when I’m gone you’ll have nothing. You’ll have nothing. You are nothing!
I hope you like these a thousand splendid suns quotes. Thanks for reading, Jai Hind.
You can also order your copy of a thousand splendid suns from here – A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini