The 31 Nadia Hashimi, When The Moon Is Low Quotes
Although, When The Moon Is Low By Nadia Hashimi is a novel which deserves to be read. But, some quotes in the book also needs to be looked at.
When the moon is low quotes –
1. Afghanistan is a land of widows and widowers, orphans and the missing. Missing a right leg, a left hand, a child, or a mother. Everyone was missing something, as if a black hole had opened in the center of the country, sucking in bits and pieces of everyone into its hard belly. Somewhere under our khaki earth is everything we’ve ever lost.
2. Though I love to see my children resting soundly, In the quiet of their slumber my uneasy mind retraces our journey.
3. My fate was sealed in blood on the day of my birth.
4. My mother’s death didn’t affect my brother’s life the way it did mine.
5. But being without a mother is like being stripped naked and thrown into the snow.
6. I knew girls who hadn’t gone to school usually married earlier, and I did not want to be married.
7. I wasn’t sure what I wanted, but I had no interest in marriage and the household that would come along with it.
8. Nothing is foolish to the adolescent. The adolescent acts, without questioning the wisdom of the action.
9. But I was lonely. Not one person in my family knew how I felt. Not one person knew why. My distress was trapped in my throat like something I could neither choke down nor spit out.
10. People fear what they cannot see.
11. As you tread to the temple of your supreme pursuit, A hundred peaks may hinder your route, With the hatchet of persistence, conquer each, And bring your aspirations within your reach.
12. A girl raised without her mother is not exactly the kind of wife a family welcomes with open arms.
13. Jealousy curdles the soul like a drop of vinegar in milk.
14. By the flame of adolescent emotion, I feel deeper in love with the man yet unseen.
15. Love grows wildest in the gardens of hardship.
16. The anticipation of a reprimanding was always worse than the reprimanding itself.
17. He undid all that this world had done to me.
18. For an Afghan, pride is harder to swallow than a bag of nails.
19. A young man needs to be someone’s boy.
20. People have different ways of saying goodbye, especially when it is forever.
21. While war had turned some Afghans into lions, it had turned a good number of us into mice as well.
22. Fate will make things right in the end, though only after the work has been done, the tears have been shed and the sleepless nights have been endured.
23. If he wanted to be treated as a man, he would have to act like one.
24. I prayed for a way to love my husband in death as wholly as I’d loved him in life.
25. Grudges don’t die, people do.
26. An entire lifetime can change in one afternoon. The rest of the world can continue on, unaware of a quiet, solitary cataclysm occurring a few feet away.
27. Two thousand years of peace could be undone in a month of war.
28. Afghanistan is a like a woman too beautiful for her own good.
29. Empty pockets did not mean an empty soul.
30. It’s never easy to leave one’s home, especially when there are only closed doors ahead of you.
31. However tall the mountain, my son, the old man said. There is a way to the other side.
I hope you like these when the moon is low quotes. Thanks for reading, Jai Hind.
Order your copy from here – When the moon is low by Nadia Hashimi
There are so many that demand a deep thought but for me no. 13 and 31 are like eye openers. Good job Yash👍👍👍
Thanks for your feedback.